What We Value
- We believe that lost people matter to God, and therefore, ought to matter to us.
- We believe that Pleasant Valley Community Baptist Church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts, their natural abilities, their time and their money.
- We believe that excellence honours God and inspires people.
- We believe that full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every believer.
- We believe that healthy churches are reproducing churches.
- We believe that love for people and for Christ is a bottom line essential for every believer.
- We believe that truth, love, openness, accountability, forgiveness and acceptance provide the foundation upon which true community is experienced.
- We believe that prayer is vital to Christian life and service.
- We believe that life-change happens best in Christian fellowship.
- We believe that biblical teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individual’s lives and in the church.
Our Vision is . . . to introduce lost people in our community to the Lord Jesus Christ in culturally relevant, creative, credible, and caring ways; to allow them time to consider the claims of Christ while gently and deliberately calling them to radical discipleship; to train, equip, and provide those who become disciples with opportunities for spiritual growth, true worship, personal outreach, practical service and caring ministries so that each person might become the fruitful and fulfilled, fully-devoted follower that God designed him/her to be; to be a catalyst for church planting locally, regionally, nationally, and globally; Our vision is to do it all with excellence to the glory of God.